Time for episode two in this elasson vlog series! Let’s just ignore how long it took to get to it, shall we? Just playing! I’ll explain why there’s been such a delay in this series (more like why it just didn’t happen), and I’ll tell you what’s changed in the last year and a half plus how/why I’m moving forward with vlogging again.
What happened in the last year and why there was only one video (this first one). What happened the last year or so (and how I still sorta did the documenting the last year of my twenties). And, what is going on now.
Why I didn’t take off vlogging like I said, but sorta still did it…
- My phone’s hardware couldn’t live up to the challenge and I hadn’t realized it.
- I still did document the last year of my twenties by doing Instagram Stories. It was fun learning that and “building community” with it.
- We bought our first home and renovated it all year last year as well as working full time jobs and doing ministry and life with our church.
What’s coming up now…
Well, a lot really. A lot has changed. I now have all the tools and hardware for doing this vlogging thing again. All the reasons for doing this vlogging experiment / practice is
I’m still doing web development and running a business that I’m strategizing how to grow.
My major project, TheMajestysMen.com is still happening and growing (and it’s where I’m now hosting this blog as you probably can see).
I’m also now working as the Communications Director with a non-profit called Speak For The Unborn. This is going to be quite a trip! I’ll be using video and such with it as well as learning so, so, so much as this goes! So, I’ll be documenting the learning and development (as well as asking questions) as I go on all of these.
This blog and vlog, Elasson, is very much a personal journal of my development in the tension of “ministry” and “market place” work and my efforts to relieve that so-called “tension” each day by making them one and the same.
So this will be the place for all the nitty gritty details of what I’m learning and doing with all my current endeavors. I won’t be doing it once a week though because I’m incredible busy. But, I’ll aim for a couple per month at least.
As I said in issue one, I would love watching these sorts of things if I had friends or acquaintances doing this, so I suppose maybe others might like it. If not, it’ll be a great practice for myself.
Questions For You!
These are asked at the end of this episode’s video:
- What are your thoughts on Instagram and Instagram Stories as a medium for building community and updates? Some of my hangups with it was that it felt very “boastful” and self-centered in the practice of using it and documenting so much. But, it was really effective in many ways. I’m torn on this. I’d love to hear your thoughts on it if you’ve used it much as a viewer or as a content producer.
- Do you know of a good video editing app for mobile devices — specifically Android? Android is what I use the most and I’m not ashamed of that. It’s the best. 🙂 Go ahead and hate. But, I could use help with finding the best mobile video editing app. That selection is rather weak.
Stay tuned. More soon!